Day 1

After being inspired by Ryan Dixon I decided that I would update you on what my training looks like, good or bad i will be honest!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Monroe 5k

Well I have never been pushed so hard in my life.  I was this fit chick warm up at the start line and said to my pal "she is fast, I think I cant beat her"....  so we took off.  During the first 100 meters i over took her!  I thought, oh ok, she isnt that fast....  At mile 1 i heard her breathing, right by my right shoulder.  I would not allow her to get past me so had to speed up, I knew if she got past my shoulder she would beat me (I won this race last year sho that was not an option!).  She hung back again but at the next 100 meters she tried again to get past my shoulder....  We continued this dance for the next 2 miles, god I wanted to give up but the thought of coming in second was killing me much more!  At the last 1/2 mile I heard her breath again but this time I noticed she sounded just as tired as me...  that was all I needed, i sped up and ended up beating her by 10 seconds, not much but I earned every single second.  I met her at the end and she was overjoyed to have been so pushed.  I ended up with a time of 20.08 seconds! 

So, next 5 k goal, considering this was a flat course, will be 20.30 seconds.  I now know I can break 20 minutes.......  eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment